Re: Pathetic SATA performance

On 2007-02-02 07:14 -0000, Pete Clarke wrote:

> >There was/is an issue with certain Maxtor SATA hard disk drives.
> >In some cases, it is necessary to force them to SATA-I mode (1.5
> >gb/s). There's a jumper in the back for that.
>
> Yep, set that :-)

You mean that was not the issue ? You have a problem then. I'd
disconnect all the drives but one and see if I can isolate a
culprit.

SATA should not be as suceptible as IDE to one device taking down
the whole interface but still, I've had a SATA Hitachi freeze the
whole system, so it's worth trying...

--
André Majorel <http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
Choosy spammers prefer bugs.debian.org.