Re: Debian/NT Dual Boot?

On 1/29/07, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com <hendrik@topoi.pooq.com> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 10:54:56PM +0000, John K Masters wrote:
> It can be done but it is very, very convoluted. Windows always
> likes to overwrite the MBR which means you will lose GRUB or LILO.

Not necessarily.  You can tell LILO to put its MBR on a floppy disk.
(technically then its only a BR).  Test if by booting from the floppy,
and then keep it away fropm the disk drive while you are installing
Windows.  Even if you lose the MBR on the hard disk, you can boot from
the floppy.  Some people use the floppy as their way of telling the
machine to boot Linux instad of Windows.

I just make sure I change the drive boot order in the BIOS to the one
I want Windows on listed first.  Then Windows writes on the MBR there
instead of the drive I will actually be booting off of using grub.