Re: [SOLVED] Re: Partitioning And Formatting A Large Disk (2086.09GB)

So the consensus seems to be that LVM is the way to go.

So what's the cutoff between building arrays of varying size versus grouping them under LVM?

I.e. Right now I've got two large arrays. Should I maybe break that down unto just a bunch of disks and then use LVM to group them together (not use hardware RAID at all), or should I break the disks into each bundles of three and make as many small raid5 arrays as I can and then group them under LVM?

What's the general consensus on actually using LVM with hardware RAIDs?

Michael