Re: [SOLVED] Re: Partitioning And Formatting A Large Disk (2086.09GB)

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 12:03:05PM +0100, Pim Bliek wrote:
> I cannot agree more to this. LVM is *the* way to go for you. It is not, I
> repeat *not* complicated. Read the LVM2 HOWTO and you're set within a short
> time.
>
> However, make sure (if you plan to use ext3) to use the -O flag when
> creating the fs.... see my thread on that regarding resizing ext3 (on LVM on
> RAID5).

I would _strongly_ suggest an FS like JFS or XFS.  There's been lots of
threads on the list looking at this issue.   Personally, I chose JFS.
Note that it can be grown but not shrunk.  Please also note the threads
over the years on difficulties with reiserfs.

Doug.