Re: Font size settings (was: Huge fonts in openoffice.org user interface)

On 2007-01-30 16:17:19 +0000, Liam O'Toole wrote:
> You have to make bitmap fonts available to fontconfig. Run the command
> 'dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig-config' as root and answer yes to the
> question re. bitmap fonts. Then restart gnome-terminal.

OK, as the Terminus bitmap fonts were avalaible, I thought that the
bitmap fonts were enabled.

Now, if I set Xft.dpi to 100 (which is the default value), then the
size 9 is too small and the size 10 is too large. If I set Xft.dpi
to 96, then I can choose the size 10 (which corresponds to xterm -fn
fixed), and if I set Xft.dpi to 88, then I can choose the size 11
(which also corresponds to xterm -fn fixed at this resolution).

BTW, the default resolution 100 leads to too large fonts in menus and
so on.