Re: resize2fs on LVM2 on hardware RAID5

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 11:57:23AM +0100, Pim Bliek wrote:
> Hmm, so that means I am stuck... The system was installed from a (modified
> for 3Ware card + LVM support) Sarge install CD which means 1.37 for
> e2fsprogs (I checked). So this means the -O option wasn't used...
> Damn.. this will mean I will have to recreate all filesystems on the box...
> That's going to be some downtime somewhere...
If that is the case, I suggest you consider one of the more enterprise
filesystems recommended in this thread.

> There is no alternative? No way to 'migrate' this fs to work with resizing?
Probably not.  The addition of resizing and other nice features to
ext2/3 is fairly recent, IIRC.  I don't migration from previous
iterations/configurations was part of the plan.

Roberto C. Sanchez