Re: [OT] Re: How to make work dual monitors with Debian etch on an IBM x60s ThinkPad?

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 11:42:01PM +0100, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 12:32:19 -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 09:16:33PM +0100, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> > > [ Please have a look at how I trim quoted messages below and how I put
> > >   the "answers" below the relevant "questions" in the older mail(s).
> > >   This makes it easier for the other subscribers of this list to follow
> > >   our exchange. Ideally, every single email should be a self-explanatory
> > >   and concise "story" told in chronological order. Please consider
> > >   changing your quoting and posting style accordingly. ]
> >
> > with all the various threads and rants about posting style, I have to
> > say this is by far the best way to "chastise" a poster and express the
> > "proper" way to do things (lay off guys, not claiming one way is more
> > or less proper here...)
> >
> > Nice job Florian, though its a lot of typing...

[...]
> We might have to
> be careful, though, not to scare away new list members by barking a curt
> "please do not top post" at them without further explanation.

I totally agree. More than once I've got myself sending a "please
don't top post" to a new list member and regretted it later. I recall
that my first few posts here were "improper" and dealing with that
issue as well as the mass of confusion that comes with learning a new
OS makes for an overall difficult experience.

'nuff said