Re: Debian, Iceweasle, Firefox!

On 1/29/07, Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 10:29:57PM -0500, Greg Folkert wrote:

> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061205 Iceweasel/2.0.0.1 (Debian-2.0.0.1+dfsg-2)
>
> Wow, that's a bigg'un. The User agent string has only had one thing
> changed.
>
> s/Iceweasel/Firefox/

My mistake.  I took it that the string went from only "Firefox/2.0.0.1"
to "Iceweasel/2.0.0.1".

Btw, Swiftfox (another ff clone) identifies as Firefox/2.0.0.1
(Swiftfox). I wonder, is usage Firefox in User-Agent also covered by
trademark? Could Iceweasel do the same (i haven't had any problems due
to user-agent string yet)

Im using Swiftfox now instead of Iceweasel, as i can't get Restore
session working.

I had previously Firefox 2.0.0 installed on my Debian, but when
Iceweasel came out, i decided to drop FF, as Debian offers careless
updates. I wiped out everything that had firefox in it's filename,
re-installed Iceweasel, but Restore still wasn't working. So, i just
added deb sources for Swiftfox, and use it.

Maybe somebody knows what's wrong with Restore Session feature? On
another clean etch machine it's working fine in Iceweasel.

Regards,
Atis

P.S. Firefox spellchecker dictionary didn't had word Iceweasel in it,
but had of course Firefox :p