Re: Debian Etch RC1 installation problem(tcpd package)

David Shultz wrote the following on 30.01.2007 21:59:

hi ;)

<snip>

> this is just a thought(please forgive my ignorance).

no problem, you are welcome.

> is it possible to install debian EtchRC1 without using
> the dhcp assigned ip address?

Yes it is, but not with netinstall image.
Since i use pppoe myself which wasn´t supported until recently (at least i
didn´t know how) i always installed "offline" with aborting the network discover.
just hit "abort" and then "move forward without configuring network"
(translated from german)

> I mean is it possible to
> give the input that the package asked through the
> console(by pressing alt+F4)?

But as i already said RC2 is on the way with lot of bugfixes, also the
"netbase" package were update recently iirc, so better to wait a bit (2 or 3
weeks i guess).

HTH Thilo
--

gpg key: 0x4A411E09