Re: PGP Keyservers being glacially slow, lately

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 04:01 +0000, s. keeling wrote:
> Greg Folkert <greg@gregfolkert.net>:
> >
> >  Has anyone noticed that as of about 3 weeks ago, that keyservers that
> >  are typically used (MITs and the other usual candidates) are responding
> >  terribly, horrifically slow. If they respond at all, timing out is
> >  becoming more and more frequent.
>
> Nope:
>
> (0) heretic /home/keeling_ time gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys AC94E4B7
> gpg: requesting key AC94E4B7 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
> gpg: key AC94E4B7: "s. keeling (21Dec2003) <keeling@spots.ab.ca>" not changed
> gpg: Total number processed: 1
> gpg:              unchanged: 1
> gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys AC94E4B7
>   0.03s user 0.01s system 5% cpu 0.605 total
>
> Who's your provider?

Formerly pgp.mit.edu and keys.pgp.com

Now subkeys.pgp.net.

I now am getting no delays since the change. I don't understand the
difference from (pgp.mit.edu and keys.pgp.com) to subkeys.pgp.net

Oh, well. Thanks.

--
greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup