Re: A simple question FORK! Something that bugs me about net-installs and security

On 1/28/07, Hodgins Family <ehodgins@telusplanet.net> wrote:
> Firewalling routers are $50 and do a reasonably
> good job.

Any recommendations?
What are you using?

I believe that just about any home wireless AP / switch / router these
days does stateful packet inspection and NAT, making it a decent HW
firewall. I've been happily using an old Netgear MR814 (only 802.11b,
not g, and only WEP, no WPA)for years. I just bought a new Trendware
TEW-432BRP [0] for $40 with $20 rebate (free shipping) from Newegg.com
(g, WPA, WPA2), but I haven't tested it yet.

Celejar

[0] http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833156038