Re: Etch on X86-64

Ananda Samaddar napisał(a):
Hello there,

my desktop computer recently bit the dust and I'm thinking of getting a Core 2 duo system.  What is the status of Debian on the X86-64 platform?  Is it usable?  I'd love to hear from people using this particular port and their experiences.  I've heard various things here and there e.g. Linux doesn't use both CPUs on the Core 2 duo.  Is this a load of nonsense?

thanks in advance,

Ananda

I'am useing sarge on amd64 on two Opterons (not dual core) an it runs with no problem useing both cpus. The only limitation that bugs me a lot i the lack of flash plugin for internet browser and lack of 64bit version of open-office. Other than that its all fine

Jakub