Re: top post fixer?

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 02:28:24 -0500
"Steve C. Lamb" <grey@dmiyu.org> wrote:

>     Define "most".  In all of the email clients I have ever chosen to use not
> a single one exhibits the behavior you describe.  Pine, elm, mutt, PMMail/2,
> PMMail2000, TheBat, Sylpheed-Claws, Thunderbird just to name most.  Pretty

Agreed. In fact, when I first started using email at work, we had to use
Outlook. I was surprised to find that it didn't quote the way I wanted
it to, and I had to physically move things around to make the email
look they way that I was accustomed to it looking (i.e., bottom-post,
or quotes interspersed with new text style), and not the way it looked
like by default.

It does seem to be unique to Outlook. Curiously, it's not that way
on the Microsoft editors, even if Outlook is a Microsoft product. I
mean, composing email is in many respects a similar (if maybe a
specialized) use of that must basic of computer uses, text editing
aka word processing. And if you think of that, you don't normally edit
a pre-existing document by typing in new text at the beginning of the
document, you start at the point you left off. Would you (on a
typewriter) start adding to an existing docueent by positioning the
(used) paper at the beginning, and just type? :)

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.