Re: top post fixer?

On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 07:43:05AM -0800, Francis Healy wrote:
>   Why is it that most mail clients default to a top post?  When you hit
> reply, There is a blank space where your cursor it, followed by .....
> wrote: and then the message you are replying to.  If top posting is really
> as bad as some individuals claim (and I am by no means convinced of this),
> then change this default behavior in mail clients.

    Define "most".  In all of the email clients I have ever chosen to use not
a single one exhibits the behavior you describe.  Pine, elm, mutt, PMMail/2,
PMMail2000, TheBat, Sylpheed-Claws, Thunderbird just to name most.  Pretty
much the only culprit is Lookout!  Is that surprising given that it is a
Microsoft product and their modus operandi is to break standards since they
know the ignorant masses of their typical user will think it is the other
people who are broken?