Re: Scheduling FTP / HTTP downloads?

On Saturday 27 January 2007 18:34, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 02:49:52PM +0100, Mark wrote:

> > I was hoping that there are programs/webinterfaces out there that
> > can take this load off of our shoulders and download things during
> > the night?

> If user's can append a url to have wget get, then you can have a
> script to run wget -c -i that_list with the approriate rate-limit for
> the time of day.  At 6 pm, remove the limit, during the day have a
> low limit.

I'm stuck on a slow dialup connection here.  I have a script that runs
from cron after midnight each night.  Among other things, it downloads
any urls it finds in a file called /var/wget/files.  Works well enough
for my purposes.

# wget files if any
if [ -e /var/wget/files ] && [ -e /tmp/nightly ]; then
	echo "		`/bin/date`"
	echo "retrieving /var/wget files"
	/usr/bin/wget -c -i  /var/wget/files -o /var/wget/log -P /var/wget
fi

--
Bud Rogers	<budr@netride.net>	 KD5SZ