Scheduling FTP / HTTP downloads?

Hello all,

I was hoping you may have an idea what to use for the following
problem:

At work we have a 1Mbit line download and upload. But still
sometimes people here try to download 350Mb or more over that little
tiny wire.

We have no started tracking (more like hunting) people down who do
those hefty downloads because while they are downloading, the rest
of the company can hardly get some work done.

Now we are the ones who start large downloads in the evening,
sometimes even doing them at home for the people at work.

I was hoping that there are programs/webinterfaces out there that
can take this load off of our shoulders and download things during
the night?

Thanks all for any advice
Mark
--
Perseverance is the hard work you do
after you are tired of the hard work you have already done.