Re: [OT] Dilbert cartoon featurng Linux

Rob Sims <deb-lists-z@robsims.com>:
>  On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 01:08:20AM +0000, s. keeling wrote:
> >
> > He's suggesting a nickel would get him a better computer than what he's
> > using.  That's a pretty damning indictment.  A nickel can't buy a
> > computer in any way, shape or form.
>
>  Are you kidding?  I can get for free (out of a dump) a computer that 30
>  years ago people would have killed to own; that 50 years ago governments
>  would have killed to own.  Of course, 30 or 50 years ago, nobody was
>  running Windows, so let the arguments about "better" continue...

That's great, isn't it?  My latest box is a PIII-733 that I picked up
for C$69.00.  I paid C$3500.00 for the same thing new in a laptop five
years ago.  With Vista (Ptooooo!) coming in, we can expect a lot of
great "trash" coming our way soon.  :-)

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html