Re: [OT] Dilbert cartoon featurng Linux

Max Hyre <max@hyre.net>:
>   Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 11:16 -0700, ChadDavis wrote:
> >> Has anyone seen the Unix dilbert where a crusty old, Unix guy comes up=
>
> >> to dilbert, flips him a dime, and says,"Here kid, go buy yourself a
> >> real computer."
> >
> > http://ozguru.mu.nu/Photos/2005-11-11--Dilbert_Unix.jpg :-)
>
>     Odd, the strip says ``go buy yourself a /better/ computer''.  I would
>  have sworn a might oath that the original said ``real computer'', as
>  ChadDavis says.  That's how Neil Stephenson quotes it in ``In the
>  Beginning was the Command Line''[1], and I think it's better that way.

He's suggesting a nickel would get him a better computer than what he's
using.  That's a pretty damning indictment.  A nickel can't buy a
computer in any way, shape or form.

Always loved that strip from the first time I saw it.  Great to see it
again.  Thx.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html