Re: [OT] Dilbert cartoon featurng Linux

On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 01:08:20AM +0000, s. keeling wrote:
> Max Hyre <max@hyre.net>:
> >   Sven Arvidsson wrote:

> > > http://ozguru.mu.nu/Photos/2005-11-11--Dilbert_Unix.jpg :-)
> >
> >     Odd, the strip says ``go buy yourself a /better/ computer''.  I would
> >  have sworn a might oath that the original said ``real computer'', as
> >  ChadDavis says.  That's how Neil Stephenson quotes it in ``In the
> >  Beginning was the Command Line''[1], and I think it's better that way.
>
> He's suggesting a nickel would get him a better computer than what he's
> using.  That's a pretty damning indictment.  A nickel can't buy a
> computer in any way, shape or form.

Are you kidding?  I can get for free (out of a dump) a computer that 30
years ago people would have killed to own; that 50 years ago governments
would have killed to own.  Of course, 30 or 50 years ago, nobody was
running Windows, so let the arguments about "better" continue...
--
Rob

p.s - on the original subject, http://www.bfmartin.ca/finder/ really
helps.