Re: aditional partition parameter

On Sat, 2007-01-27 at 21:14 +0100, Thilo Six wrote:
> > There are a variety of programs that will fail if /tmp is not
> > executable.  In general, the noexec flag is really not very useful
> > because it is trivial to work around.

At least the /lib/ld-linux.so.2 work around shouldn't work anymore
according to the manual.

> Yes that´s what the harden howto also say.
> I am just wondering if this still applies today because this howto seems
> to be from 2000/2001 that must have been pre woody and we are now on the
> way to etch.

The Securing Debian Manual was last updated about ten days ago,
"Version: 3.11, Wed, 17 Jan 2007 02:05:57 +0100".

> Are the implications that this howto talks about still all true?

The debconf / apt issue referred to in the manual, there are comments
about working around this in bug 116448.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson