Re: usbmount replacement?

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 14:41:55 -0800, Jason Dunsmore wrote:
> I noticed that usbmount is no longer in Etch.  I read that it was
> replaced by pmount, but pmount doesn't automatically mount usb devices
> the way usbmount did.
>
> I want my usb storage devices to be automatically mounted under
> /media/usb[0-7].  I've installed pmount, hal, dbus, and udev, but the
> devices aren't automatically mounted.  How can I get the functionality
> of usbmount back?

I think your options are:

- Use usbmount 0.0.14-0.1 from Sid.

- Implement the (un)mounting yourself with RUN keys in custom udev
  rules. (I think this is possible, but I never tried it, therefore I am
  not sure.)

- Wait for usbmount to come back to Testing after the release-critical
  bug is fixed; see http://packages.qa.debian.org/u/usbmount.html. (I
  have the suspicion that this might only happen after Etch is released,
  though.)

--
Regards,
          Florian