Re: usbmount replacement?

On 1/25/07, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

udev and pmount should do the trick for you.  Maybe your udev rules
are wrong?

Thanks for the help.  Neither udev or pmount will automatically mount
the device.  I found ivman, which I think does what I want, when used
with udev, hal, dbus.  usbmount was a more elegant solution.

Here's a relevant post:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2004/10/msg00335.html

"Both pmount and my package try to solve the same problem -- letting
users access removable media. The difference is that pmount allows users
to mount and unmount these devices manually, while my script mounts and
unmounts them automatically. Another difference is that pmount requires
the user to know the name of the device node (my script doesn't), but
pmount lets the user choose the mointpoint (my script doesn't)."