Re: Debian, Iceweasle, Firefox!

On Friday 26 January 2007 17:52, Kent West wrote:
> Piotr Dziubinski wrote:
> > After updating Firefox in Debian I realized that Firefox is no
> > longer present in my operating system!
> > Instead of it, I have this trashy and shity Iceweasle.
>
> Iceweasel /is/ Firefox.

I don't think he cared enough to bother to find out.  He was too busy
enjoying being angry.

> It just has a different name because of some licensing changes that
> Mozilla made, making it just enough non-free to prevent it from being
> included in the I'm-thankful-it-remains-Free Debian with the Firefox
> name.
>
> > Good luck with using losers... ups I mean: losing users! :P
>
> I understand you "needing to vent" when you get frustrated, but this
> post really came across as immature.

I would have to agree completely.

The irony is people might have listened to what he had to say if he had
the dignity to say it without cursing.  I think most people don't
really care about a person who can't express himself articulately
without using profanity.  It reminds me of a quotation a relative of
mine always liked: "Rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength."

Hal