Re: Sid + nVidia + Compiz == no good?

Hi Magnus!

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Magnus Therning wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 06:34:45 -0500, B. L. Jilek wrote:
> >Hi Magnus!

> >> Ah, you mean that _checking_ if the driver is in Debian (experimental)
> >> doesn't actually install it?  Damn, I thought it did... ;-)
> >>
> >> Thanks for pointing it out to me!
> >>
> >> Now I'm off to implement that package manager that does what I want
> >> rather than what I tell it too...
> >
> >I'm not sure of the nvidia driver version in experimental. If it's
> >8776 then it will not work.
>
> It's 1.0.9746-2 and it seems to do it.

Yep. I just finished installing nvidia-glx and nvidia-kernel-source
from experimental. I wasn't even aware of an experimental repository
until now. :/

Anyway, it works for Compiz and Beryl for me. I don't know what may be
causing your problem. If you like, I can send you my xorg.conf.

I do know that when I got AIGLX working, before I set up Compiz, X was
noticeably faster starting up and faster in general.

--
 B. L. Jilek        |  Debian Linux!
 bljilek@yahoo.com  |  GPG key: 11A5D1A4