Re: Sid + nVidia + Compiz == no good?

On 1/25/07, B. L. Jilek <bljilek@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Magnus!

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, Magnus Therning wrote:

> I've been trying to get Compiz to run on my Debian Sid system.  This is
> the setup:

[snip]

You didn't say which nvidia driver you are using. I believe that
compiz requires features that are only in the beta drivers fom the
nvidia website. I think the current version is 9746.

I did that, but the new Nvidia drivers broke xinerama
(I use a dual head setup). It just would not start.

So i decided disable compiz for the moment, and use xinerama.
(With the drivers in sid).

--
http://arhuaco.org
http://emQbit.com