Re: Scheduling FTP / HTTP downloads?

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> schreef:

> also sprach Mark <debian-user@maas-martin.nl> [2007.01.26.1349
+0000]:
> > We have no started tracking (more like hunting) people down who
do
> > those hefty downloads because while they are downloading, the
rest
> > of the company can hardly get some work done.
>
> You should thus implement traffic shaping:
>
>   http://www.lartc.org/

Yes, our main office has already implemented COS that prefers http
traffic above all else. Our ERP system runs on http traffic.
Unfortunatly this ofcourse also goes for downloading.

Besides, we have no control over the actual lines and connections.

But thank you for the apt-cache search download manager tip! Should
have known that one ;-)

Mark