Re: NETDEV WATCHDOG messages

Sven Arvidsson wrote:
On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 11:13 +0100, Serban Udrea wrote:
NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
eth0: Transmit timed out, status 0000, PHY status 786d, resetting...
eth0: Setting full-duplex based on MII #1 link partner capability of 41e1

The box is running an uptodate sarge with the latest (as provided by debian) 2.4.27 kernel. The ethernet card (as reported at boot) is VIA VT6102 Rhine-II.

I do not now how serious I should take this. Any hints are welcome!

I have the same card and the same problem, but on a much more recent
kernel, 2.6.18-3. I think this is the same, or similar to, what is
described in this bug report.

For me it has never been more than a minor annoyance, but I don't really
use the card for any high speeds.

Thank you for the informations! I think I will go for another network card at some point in time.

Best regards,

Serban