Re: Installation of Debian by disk

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 23:28:03 -0500
"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:

> Hmm.  You did not mention which version, so I will assum you installed
> Etch.  Now, if you got the etch installer, I will guess that you got
> it from here:  http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

As you said. It is just a guess. IIRC sarge would drop you to a
command-line even after installing the Desktop task and it is generally
a matter of a reboot to get it working. IF the new user knows how to
reboot.

With Etch just recently I used the KDE disk to do an install. After the
reboot done by the installer it went straight to kdm. Is it different
with the default disk-1?

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)