Re: top post fixer?

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 03:17:17AM +0100, Wim De Smet wrote:
> Then again, contrast is higher with light-on-dark sometimes increasing
> eye strain. If your whites are blinding you you might just want to
> adjust your monitor brightness and/or contrast.

    Which results in me constantly adjusting the monitor for high and low
light situations.  Something I need not do with white on black.

> I personally prefer dark-on-white terminals

    Actually lately my preference has been for black-on-medium-grey, something
I'm sure most other people would find abhorrant.  Certainly not something I
would advocate as default as it is clearly my preference.

> One of the reasons I prefer dark on light is the excessive use of blue
> in ls output (which I tend to use a lot).

    So... change it.  LS_COLORS controls what colors ls use.

> If I'm not mistaken eye doctors will generally
> advise anyone with problems reading text to use a light-on-dark scheme
> because of the better contrast.

    And I'm betting most aren't taking into account the projective nature of
monitors and are just defaulting to the same "it's more like paper" line of
reasoning.