Re: shopping for an HTML editor

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 15:36, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 02:04:31PM -0500, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> > I used to use nvu. But looks like it has been removed from Debian. I do
> > not want to edit any text files. So vim, emacs etc., are not what I am
> > looking for. While editing the page, it should look exactly as it would
> > appear on the net.
>
> I think that your approach is misguided.  The closest to WYSIWYG you
> will get is that the HTML editor/composer you are using will show you
> what pages will look like in browsers that use the exact same rendering
> engine as the compose tool.  Think about this for a minute.

Sorry wrong wording on my part. When I said "it should look exactly as it
would appear on the net", I meant the editor to have a WYSIWYG way of editing
html pages.

HTML editing should be as easy as writing a texmacs or a word document. It
should not any complicated than that! There is no misguidance there. nvu was
doing the job just fine. I was merely looking for a replacement for nvu.

hth
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/

Want a career in HR?
Accredited Human Resources degrees 100% online. Request free info.
http://tags.bluebottle.com/fc/MhtYWUiUw13U1RWPsbyHdzjCOrRIF7AleVKa5/