Re: shopping for an HTML editor

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 02:04:31PM -0500, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:

> I used to use nvu. But looks like it has been removed from Debian. I do not
> want to edit any text files. So vim, emacs etc., are not what I am looking
> for. While editing the page, it should look exactly as it would appear on the
> net.

I think that your approach is misguided.  The closest to WYSIWYG you
will get is that the HTML editor/composer you are using will show you
what pages will look like in browsers that use the exact same rendering
engine as the compose tool.  Think about this for a minute.

If you understand that html is only a *suggestion* to the browser on how
the content should be displayed, you will be much better off.
Unfortunately, I don't think you understand that quite yet.  You would
be better served by learning what the different HTML tags mean and then
using a text editor or some other tool that does not give you a false
impression of what your rendered content will look like.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez