Re: top post fixer?

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 10:41:02AM -0600, John C wrote:
> It's kinda like a religious fanaticism... "everyone should act
> and believe like I do". And yes, you're absolutely right - there
> is too much bile being spewed at top posters.
>
> So which is best, top posting or bottom posting?  Who knows? Who
> &^%^% cares? I certainly don't. On this list however, I normally
> bottom post primarily because a good deal of the folks on Debian
> User (many of them extremely helpful members) seem to have a
> problem following the thread if it's top posted.
>
> Or at least it seems that way. :)
>
> This argument reminds me of the fuss over xterm backgrounds many
> years ago.
>
> The fanatics insisted that the background should be black and the
> text white because that was the "natural" way to view a computer
> screen. It was the way that it would always remain. Of course,
> when I went to my office supply store and tried to buy some black
> paper and white ink they thought I was crazy.
>
> I notice that the Gnome terminal now defaults to black on white.
>
> Now if I could only figure out how to post sideways ;-)
>
> John

                                  e     k
      e     o y n           y     h r   c     .
      r     h l a           n     t e   a     e
    t e     W l i           a       t , l     t
    c h       a b           m     d u e b     i
    a t     ? m e a               n p s       h
            s r D           s     a m r e     w
    d -     w o   e         d       o u m
    l       o n n v         n     k c o o     n
    u t     n   o a         u     c   c s     o
    o h     k I   h         o     a a             )
    h g         s           r     l   f y     k   -
    s i     o , k o         g     b w O u     c   ;
      r     h r l t         k       e   b     a
    e       W e o           c     e i .       l   s
    n y       v f m         a     b v n o     b   y
    o l       e   e         b         i t         a
    y e     ? w e e .             d o a       o   w
    r t     g o h s d       m     l t m d     t   e
    e u     n h t   e       r     u   e e         d
    v l .   i     ) t       e     o y r i .   s   i
    e o s   t t f s s       t     h a   r y   t   s
    " s r   s s o r o       x     s w s t z   l
      b e   o i   e p                 y   a   u   t
    . a t   p l l b         r     d " a d r   a   s
    .   s       a m p       e     n l w n c   f   o
    . e o   m s e e o       v     u a l a     e   p
    m r p   o i d m t       o     o r a   s   d
    s '     t h                   r u   e a       o
    i u p   t t d l s       s     g t d r w   w   t
    c o o   o   o u '       s     k a l o     o
    i y t   b n o f t       u     c n u t I   n   w
    t         O g p i   )   f     a " o s         o
    a , t   r     l     :         b   w   t   l   h
    n s a   o . a e f       e       e   y h   a
    a e       t   h i   .   h     e h t l g   n   t
    f y d   g ' e       y   t     h t i p u   i   u
        e   n n s y d   a         t     p o   m   o
    s d w   i o u l a   w   f       s t u h   r
    u n e   t d a e e       o     t a a s t   e   e
    o A p   s   c m r   t         a w h       t   r
    i   s   o y e e h   a   e     h   t e y       u
    g .     p l b r t   h   m     t t   c e   e   g
    i " g     n   t     t           a y i h   m   i
    l o n   p i y x e       s     d h a f t   o   f
    e d i   o a l e h   s   d     e t w f     n
    r   e   t t i   t   m   n     t     o k   G   y
      I b     r r m     e   i     s e e   n       l
    a       , e a e g   e   m     i s h y i   e   n
      e e   t c m h n   s   e     s u t m     h   o
    e k l   s   i t i       r     n a     e   t
    k i i   e I r   w   t         i c s o t       d
    i l b   b   p f o   i   t       e a t i   t   l
    l         ?   o l       n     s b w   h   a   u
      e h   s s t   l   t   e     c     t w   h   o
    a v c   i e s y o   s   m .   i e t n     t   c
    d e u     r o n f   a   u o   t t I e d
    n i m   h a p a     e   g g   a i   w n   e   I
    i l     c c   m m   l   r a   n h .   a   c
    k e o   i   m ( e       a     a w n I     i   f
      b o   h % o   l   t     s   f   e   r   t   i
    s   t   w ^ t r b   a   s r     t e n e   o       n
    ' d       % t e o       i a   e x r e p   n   w   h
    t n s   o ^ o s r   r   h e   h e c h a       o   o
    I a i   S & b U p   O   T y   T t s w p   I   N   J

Ken ;-)

I've ordered my paragraphs for easy bottom-up reading, too.

Come to think of it, I've used a similar technique to come up with
passwords on occasion, opening up a book and reading a column of
characters.

Kind of hard to read, it's.

Happy to oblige... Following is your post turned sideways, though the
characters aren't so cooperative.   I used perl for this, but maybe
should try it in ruby as a learning exercise...

--
Ken Irving, fnkci@uaf.edu