Re: Why there is no space left on root partition?

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 03:25:39PM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> Andrew Sackville-West writes:
> > how about if aptitude could install in ~/blah if run as non-root? I'm
> > sure there are implications I don't understand.
>
> Worms would then be able to call aptitude to install malware in the user's
> home directory.

absolutely. I was just pondering the moving of the wife from winxp to
deb. coming up here soon. so do I give her the root password (it is
her machine after all), setup up a good comprehensive sudoers files,
or, wouldn't it be nice if she could install apps at will in her home
tree without bringing down the whole box. just thinking aloud.