Re: Why there is no space left on root partition?

On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 07:57:46AM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> Sven Arvidsson writes:
> > I'm not a Windows user myself, but I hear of many Windows users who
> > actually know that they shouldn't run as admin but are forced to do so
> > because a lot of applications, installers and games simply will not run
> > on an unprivileged account.
>
> Nothing forces them to run those applications.  If they really cared about
> security they would refuse to buy such programs and the publishers would
> get the message.

True, but quite often there is no choice. For example, at the local
primary school there is quite a lot of educational software which comes
under this umbrella. Although to be fair, I think it may be the way the
security features of the admin account are setup. The average teacher is
not aware of, or actually has time to learn about, security with regards
to installing purchased educational software.

--
Chris.
======