Re: Doing administrative work

Dave Ewart <davee@sungate.co.uk> wrote:
> This is actually what is done, yes.
>
> And, in addition, the safe is only accessible to restricted individuals.
> Having said that, none of the restricted individuals (apart from me)
> would know what to do with the root password anyway ...
>
> All a matter of risk assessment, really.

I'm coming into this conversation late, so this may have already been
covered...

Have you put a password on your bootloader (GRUB, etc) to restrict changing
the boot parameters?

Otherwise, you can simply edit the boot parameters, and add something like
"S init=/bin/bash" to the end to drop yourself right into a root shell on
boot.

	- Tyler