Bug in cups-pdf or in samba ?

Hello,

I'm about to write a bug report to cups-pdf, yet I'm not really sure if it
is the right address. Do you know the following problem?

I use cups-pdf together with samba. cups-pdf works just fine on the linux
pc, but there is a problem, when the printer is accessed via samba. Since
the windows users have account names like "markus.grunwald" and the linux
server uses other names ( "gru" in my case ), I have to map the users with
the smbusers file. This works perfectly, except when using cups-pdf.
cups-pdf thinks, his ${USER} is the unmapped "markus.grunwald", so that I
can't use ${HOME} or ${USER} for the pdf files.

Samba seems to do the right thing:
  pc-cm-grunwald (172.17.5.34) connect to service PDF Drucker initially as
user gru (uid=510, gid=100) (pid 22585)

Do you have any comments or suggestions before I reportbug cups-pdf ?

Many thanks,

Markus Grunwald
Softwareentwicklung

PRÜFTECHNIK Condition Monitoring GmbH