Re: chrony won't access hwclock but prevents hwclock.sh from doing so either

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 07:01:28AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:

> >I received a reply back from the maintainer to comment out the
> >rtcfile directive, that this should keep it from trying to touch the
> >rtc.
> >
> >Which it seems to.
> >

> Doug, I recall(?) that solution from the list. I subscribe to it. But
> you only rarely need the list because most of the time chrony works as
> advertized.

Hi Hugo

I'm also having other problems with Etch's version of chrony.  For
example, I find that the online command gives a response of something
like no such source.  On my Sarge 486 box I ended up having the
/etc/ppp/ip-up.d/chrony script just restart chrony with
/etc/init.d/chrony restart.  However, under Etch, the /etc/init.d/chrony
script calls /etc/ppp/ip-up.d so it goes in a loop.

Since chrony won't touch my hwc, it seems to have lost all advantage
over plain ntp for me, so I've purged chrony and installed ntp.  We'll
see how it goes.

Thanks anyway.

Doug.