Re: How to get those nice console fonts?

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 11:37:36PM +0000, Brian Potkin wrote:
> Hello Douglas,
>
> I was interested in your reply to Daniel particularily as I have spent
> quite some time endeavouring to get a font to my liking on a 19" TFT
> screen without a framebuffer. With a CRT it was easy with svgatextmode
> but the problem (as I see it) is that a TFT has to be in its native
> resolution, 1280x1024 in my case, to get clear sharp fonts. And that
> means using a framebuffer.
>
> You mention getting a 21" screen and so I was wondering whether it was a
> CRT or TFT. If the latter, is setfont alone sufficient to get small,
> neat and readable fonts?

Hi Brian,

I don't mind receiving the personal mail, but this may be useful to
someone on the list, so I'm copying it there.

Sorry to tell you (and happy for me), its a 21" flat CRT drafting
monitor.

Have you tried the console-setup package (I'm downloading it now) and
the console-terminus font?

YMMV,

Doug.