Re: wireless adapter/card recommendations?

celejar wrote:
On 1/18/07, Wayne Topa <linuxone@intergate.com> wrote:

[snip]

The TRENDnet TEW-423PI is listed on
<http://madwifi.org.wiki/Compatibility> as working perfectly with
madwifi on Debian.

Wayne

There are 2 revisions of the 423PI; one with the TI ACX111 that has
linux support and one with a Marvell chipset unsupported by linux [0].
The 423PI is NOT listed on the Madwifi compatibility page; the 443PI
is (I wrote part of the entry). I use the 443PI which does indeed work
perfectly with madwifi.

Celejar

[0] http://linux-wless.passys.nl/query_part.php?brandname=TRENDware

Naturally, the one I purchased turned out to have a Marvell chipset. But I do feel a lot better now that I've vented my frustration with my sledgehammer :)

John