Re: wireless adapter/card recommendations?

On 1/18/07, John C <zcar@satx.rr.com> wrote:
[snip]

My current plan of attack is:

1) Take the first card I bought (TRENDnet TEW-423PI) and smash it
with a sledgehammer... It does not deserve to live.
err...ok..

2) Drink a few gin and tonics.
dont forget the Ice.

3) Box all this wireless garbage up until I calm down.
and chain the sledgehammer too..

4) Drink a few gin and tonics.
dont forget to hail a cab..

5) In two or three months, I'll try again.
well, no need to wait that long, When you're sober (provided you're
sober in less than 2 or 3 months.. :P ) try to find a Dlink DWL-G520
pci wireless card. For most distros it works out of the box but if if
doesnt work for you out of the box, there's the drivers for both 2.4
and 2.6 kernels in the driver cd and it always works with ndiswrapper
so that can be your plan B.

--
Random Quotes From Megas XLR
Coop: You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff.