Re: kmail SMTP problems

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:11:46 +0100
Robert Epprecht <epprecht@solnet.ch> wrote:

> > If not then the fact that you can send using 'mail' is not relevant.
>
> That was also my impression, but googling around I found a message
> where somebody had the same problem and was told, that he would
> need sendmail installed to enable kmail to use SMTP. This surprised
> me, but I tried at least (using exim4 instead)...

Kmail does not depend on a mail-transport-agent so you definitely don't
need an MTA. But at least you ruled that one out.

> Thank you anyway. Sorry for not telling all the details. I hoped
> somebody could tell me how to get some kind of error messages so that
> I could possibly fix it on my own.

You need someone who uses kmail. I don't even have it installed, though
I'm planing to make a second etch with kde install if I get to convince
a few friends to try etch.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)