Re: which mailing list manager...

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 09:27:03AM -0500, Attila Horvath wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Any opinions about which mailing list manager is better?
>
> I realize the fundamental question is what kind of features are needed and
> how does it intend to be used?
>
> I tried to install & configure mailman on sarge via apt-get - only because
> that's the m.l.m. of choice for GNU. The e-mail interface worked 'out of
> the box' but the web interfaces are/were a nightmare. Even then I only
> managed to make it work partially - broken images, lots of permission
> problems, etc.
>
> 	Pros...
>
> 	- each user has own web management interface
> 	- each list has own web management interface

Having to go to a web page to change details on what is just really an
email service is a bad thing IMO, so:

  Pros...
      easily administered via an email interface.

It is a RPITA to have to go online - fire up a web browser - go to a
special site - enter password details etc - ...

   compared to

Compose email offline - go online - send email.

--
Chris.
======