which mailing list manager...

Hi All

Any opinions about which mailing list manager is better?

I realize the fundamental question is what kind of features are needed and how does it intend to be used?

I tried to install & configure mailman on sarge via apt-get - only because that's the m.l.m. of choice for GNU. The e-mail interface worked 'out of the box' but the web interfaces are/were a nightmare. Even then I only managed to make it work partially - broken images, lots of permission problems, etc.

	Pros...

	- each user has own web management interface
	- each list has own web management interface
	- reasonable documentation
	- large user community

I removed mailman and am now evaluating smartlist because that's Debian's m.l.m. choice.

	Pros...

	- procmail based

	Cons...

	- poor documentation
	- no web interface

Other common m.l.m.'s I came across are: majordomo, listserve...

The web interface is nice but not necessary for me - I can get by without it.

Needed are...

	- 'relative' customization ease
	- self administering (as most are)
	- archiving and retrieval
	- spam filtering [optional] - I'm running spamassassin
	- reliability & security

Advice/opinions welcome!

Thx Attila