Re: which mailing list manager...

Attila Horvath wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Any opinions about which mailing list manager is better?
>
> I realize the fundamental question is what kind of features are needed and
> how does it intend to be used?
>
> I tried to install & configure mailman on sarge via apt-get - only because
> that's the m.l.m. of choice for GNU. The e-mail interface worked 'out of
> the box' but the web interfaces are/were a nightmare. Even then I only
> managed to make it work partially - broken images, lots of permission
> problems, etc.

You need to know a little bit about apache; read and understand the
documentation that came with mailman to set up the web interface properly.
You're so close you might want to work towards solving that.

>  - 'relative' customization ease
>  - self administering (as most are)
>  - archiving and retrieval
>  - spam filtering [optional] - I'm running spamassassin
>  - reliability & security

Sympa fits all those except "reliable."  It's a hoarking load with all the
good documentation only available in French.