Re: Starts another X server with different virtual terminal (for with use USB VGA) ?

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 12:01:31PM +0800, Ben Lau wrote:
> On 1/16/07, Marc Shapiro <mshapiro_42@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Ben Lau wrote:
> >> $ sudo Xorg -- -config /etc/X11/xorg.conf-sisusb :1
> >>
> >I always run two X sessions (one for myself and one for my wife) in
> >seperate virtual terminals, but on a single physical monitor.  I add the
> >virtual terminal to the end of the startx command, as in:
> >
> >    startx -- :0 vt07
>
> The vt07 is used by my primary display , and now I would like to use
> another vt that allow both of the display works simultaneously. The
> previous command will allocate vt8 for secondary display but it don't
> allow them to work simultaneously. I must press Alt+Ctrl+F7|F8 to
> activate either one.
>
> >I suspect that you could do the same thing with the xorg command:
> >
> >    Xorg -- -config /etc/X11/xorg.conf-sisusb :1 vt07
> >
> >BTW, do you really want to be running X as root?
> >

> I can't start Xorg without root. That is the error message:

However, any args you pass to Xorg shoul be able to be passed to startx.
So can't you pas the -config option?  See man startx and try passing
your Xorg options (as above) to startx.

Sorry I can't test if this works.

Doug.