Re: 2.4 series kernel on Sid

On 1/16/07, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote:
Am 2007-01-12 09:52:40, schrieb celejar:
> Is there a relatively straightforward way to install a 2.4 series kernel on
> Sid?

NO,  --  but go to <http://www.kernel.org/> and
download Linux 2.4.32 which you can build using
the "kernel-package" and its tool "make-kpkg".

Thanks. Perhaps I'll try it, although my kernel builds usually fail
with sig 4 or 11, perhaps because of this [0] ? Processor is AMD k6 at
475 MHZ.

Note: I have the same problem with X

Cool, I thought I was the only one :). Any idea what's wrong? As per
my footnote, I filed a bug report with priority important and got only
one suggestion, which didn't fix the problem.

Celejar

[0] http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/