Re: 2.4 series kernel on Sid

> Is there a relatively straightforward way to install a 2.4 series kernel
on Sid?
> I currently use unstable repos and would like to do a complete
> dist-upgrade, but I still have some old stuff, including a 2.4.27
> kernel which I can't afford to lose, since X doesn't work correctly on
> 2.6 kernels on my system [0, 1].

This is probably not a great idea, since 2.4 kernel support has been dropped
from Debian.  This means userspace tools with 2.4 support will not be
anymore, as well as security updates.  It might be worthwhile to try to get
2.6 kernel running on your hardware.  If you MUST have 2.4, you're probably
off sticking with Sarge.

-- Kevin

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00007.html