network package management

Hello all,

In large servers systems (+50 servers), we encounter issues with package management.

- we want a central point where it is possible to request package versions and install new packages,

- we have clusters of machine on which we distribute the load. When installing new packages, we want softwares to be installed on all the machines of a cluster and we want all the machines of the cluster to rollback if installation failed on one,

- We also have redundant servers, #1 being active and #2 ready to take the load in case of failure of #1. We want the installation to take place on #2, then we want the service to be switched on #2, then #1 gets upgraded,

- we want to be able to rollback clusters to the previous know working configuration after a whole week of test and scrutiny,

- package can be regular software upgrades but also made of configuration, or database modification.

Do such tools exist? Can we push apt or rpm to do that?

Cheers,