Re: System freeze sometimes when changing CD/DVD media

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 07:29 +0000, andy wrote:
> If it is a driver bug are you thinking driver for the DVD reader, and
> if so then do you have any ideas on a fix?

(Please respond back to the list and not to me directly.)

Possibly bugs in the drivers for motherboard chipset, but that's just an
uneducated guess. I'm not sure about a fix, but trying to pinpoint in
what kernel release this started to happen and then file a bug would be
my advice.

However, I would make sure that it isn't the hardware first. Double
check the DVD reader, the cables and perhaps also the power supply.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson