Samba Client: Permission Denied on Mounted Share

I'm running Samba Client on Sarge.

When I mount Winders 2000 Server directories, I can read the files fine.

When I mount Winders XP directories, I get "Permission Denied" with every attempt to read the mounted directory. (I get no errors when mounting.)

A four year old Slackware server does not have the problem. It reads mounted XP directory entries fine, using an identical mount command, a la "mount -t smbfs -o username=blah, password=blah //winders/dir /mnt".

Any help greatly appreciated.

Toney